So today I have another day to myself, so I’ve been pottering about doing this and that. This morning I got a couple of mood boards done for my final project research, and tonight I’ll be doing some of my dissertation whilst watching some crap Saturday night television. I also got some more baking done earlier. My chocolate brownies went down a treat and have all gone, so I wanted to make something else to fill up the cake tin in the kitchen! These marshmallow chocolate muffins are surprisingly light and moreish considering how many marshmallows are crammed in them, so if you want to have a go at making these yummy treats, I’ve typed up the recipe again for you.
6 tbsp sunflower oil OR 85g / 3 oz butter, melted & cooled, plus extra for greasing
(I used butter!)
100 g / 3.5 oz mini marshmallows
225 g / 8 oz plain white flour
55 g / 2 oz cocoa powder ( I didn’t have enough cocoa powder so added more flour)
1 tbsp baking powder
pinch of salt
115 g / 4 oz soft light brown sugar (Again, I didn’t have enough of this so made up the difference with Demerara sugar. I wasn’t very prepared for this recipe as you can tell.)
250 ml / 9 fl oz milk
– Preheat the oven to 200ºC / 400ºF / Gas Mark 6. (I used a fan oven at 180º)
– Grease a 12 hole muffin tin OR line with muffin cases.
– Using scissors, cut the marshmallows in half.
– Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
– Stir in the sugar and marshmallows.
– Place the eggs in a large jug or bowl and beat lightly, then beat in the milk and oil/melted butter.
– Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and bour in the beaten liquid ingredients.
– Stir gently until just combined. Do not over mix.
– Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin/cases.
– Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until well risen and firm to the touch. (Mine took slightly less than 18 minutes)
– Serve warm or transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe taken from the book ‘1001 Cupcakes, Cookies & Other Tempting Treats‘.
Let me know if you try them out! I’m off to wait for my Chinese takeaway to be delivered. Nom nom nom!