Being a bit of a girly girl, makeup is a slight obsession of mine, and I’m always on the look out for new things to try, much to my bank balance’s dismay. I thought I would put together a list of the items on my current wish list that I’m desperate to get my mits on, most of which are quite high end (hence them being on this list and not in my make up bag….yet) but all have a great reputation and come highly recommended from fellow bloggers, vloggers and friends.
1. I’ve heard so many people rave over the Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer, and being someone who suffers from quite bad dark circles under my eyes, and a lot of blemishes and spot scars on my face, I’m always on the lookout for something to fight those and make them magically disappear! I do think my Collection Lasting Perfection one will be pretty hard to beat, but I’m really keen to give this one a whirl.
2. I LOVE wearing liquid liner with a slight cat eye winged flick, but always struggle to find one that lasts or is easy to use. It takes me a long time to get my eyeliner right in the morning, hence why you don’t see me wearing it all that often, mainly because I’m still on the hunt for one that I can use and that doesn’t rub off half way through the day or leave me looking like a panda. I’ve heard quite a few make up artists recommend the Dior Show Art Pen so it would be good to see how this one worked out for me!
3. I really love the Benefit That Gal Primer, and when I heard they were releasing a new one I was right on board purely based on how good they’re original one is. This one is in a different formula to That Gal, which was a cream. The Stay Flawless Primer is in stick form which you glide on and blend in, which I like the idea of as it means less mess and a quick alternative, ideal if you’re on the move.
4. Another Benefit product that I have actually been able to try out is the They’re Real mascara. I got a freebie in Elle magazine as I’m sure many of you did, but if I’m honest I wasn’t that impressed at first as I couldn’t get the hang of the brush, but now that I’m used to it I really love this and will be looking to purchase this when the rather generous sample has run out!
5. I’m very content with my current base, which is a BB cream by 17, however I’m still a big fan of foundations and still like to wear them on days when I want a little more coverage and a more polished finish. I’ve been lusting after a foundation by Dior, which is the Diorskin Forever foundation. This one is dubbed to be long lasting, perfect for those long days at work when there isn’t time for a touch up, and also boasts being ‘skin perfecting’, something that got me interested. I’ve watched many a makeup tutorial where this foundation has been used, and I’ve loved the finish it has given so I’ll be popping over to Dior at John Lewis soon to test this out.
6. As you all know I’m a big fan of Topshop’s make up range, especially their lipsticks, so I’ve been itching to try out their other lip products. The main one that peaks my interest is the Lip Crayon in the gorgeous nineties inspired fuschia pink called ‘Clueless’. The colour reminds me a little of MAC’s Candy Yum Yum that I recently got, so it would be good to see how it compares to that.
7. Another foundation I’ve been wanting to test out is Nars Sheer Glow, again mainly after watching numerous tutorials where this has been used. The reason I want to give this a go is because of the sheer coverage, as I’ve been trying to wear a lighter base now the weather is hotting up and this always looks so lovely and natural when applied properly.
8. Nars blushes are fast becoming my new favourites, and I’m really getting into cream blushes at the moment, so The Multiple is obviously going to be high up on my list. I love the idea of having a product that can be used on the cheeks and the lips, making life a lot easier and make up application a lot quicker in the mornings!
9. It’s not hard to notice from looking at my blog posts that I’m a big fan of Jessica polishes, and this hot pink called Raspberry is the perfect summer colour for tanned skin. This would look amazing on the toes with a pair of jewelled sandals to add a touch of glamour to any summer look.
So that was my beauty wishlist, what would be on yours? Have you tried any of the products above? Which would you recommend?