Well 2014 has certainly been a great year so far for fashion trends – hot looks, inspirational designs, smart, sexy, high street and high fashion: all kinds of wild, wicked and wonderful ways to be stylish and get your gorgeous on. Here are 10 on-trend beauty tips and style ideas brought to you by ROCK PAMPER SCISSORS
For the latest beauty and hair treatments check out ROCK PAMPER SCISSORS who work with the best beauty parlours and Hairdressers in Manchester and Leeds.
1. Shades from the low end of the colour spectrum are popular for make up right now. Purples, mauves, lilacs and orchid tones are very in.
2. Lips are also glowing with bold orange colours, standing out in matte, satin and neon lipsticks.
3. The retro aesthetic has definitely been a thing this year. Strong graphic eyeliner is giving out a daring retro-futurist vibe.
4. The 70s and the disco era are evoked by the blue eyeshadows recently seen on the catwalks. The textures vary from big blocks of colour to subtle blends of different shades. Layers create that Studio 54 chic.
5. Wild-child hairstyles are long, flowing loosely, styled to look natural but elegant and sexy too. This will bring out the gypsy/boho rock and roll chick in you. Just make your hair damp, massage a styling cream into the roots, brush through and blow dry to maintain the look.
6. Short hairstyles are also very current, ranging from the flirty to the gamine. Bobs and lobs are exposing necks and bringing the 20’s and 30’s into the present. Young beauties like Frankie Sandford and Jennifer Lawrence are going for the pixie cut, while Jennifer Hudson gives it a twist with a spiky top, and Charlize Theron’s finely sculpted features are topped off with a smart swept-back crop.
7. Spring came in with a silvery metallic breeze on the shoe front. Whether you go for a pair of sleek high-heeled courts or a practical pair of flats the shiny silver shoe is still a glamorous look for the autumn and winter.
8. Knee-length boots are coming back big style. You might go for a sensible but stylish block heel in a classic dark shade, or you may prefer one of the exuberant, fun styles like YSL’s glam, glittery and girly boot.
9. Winter’s on its way, so the trend for sweater dressing will keep you warm as well as fabulous. Knitted tunics, layered knitwear and ribbed jumpers are all showing a back-to-basics spirit with a luxurious upgrade.
10. Pouch bags have been around for a while and will continue to be so into next spring. Look out for cool bucket bags too.